What is Google My Business?
It is also called as Google Places, Google Business, Google Local etc. Ranking your Business in Google by displaying your Business Address, Contact Number, Google Plus page and Website url. It is mainly displayed on targeted city or local area in a country. Now Google My Business has only 3 results in a page. This is called 3 pack Google My Business results.
What are the Benefits?
- It has higher Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Cheaper than Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Best in Conversions
- Fast results than Organic SEO results
- Displays Star Ratings with Reviews (required minimum 5 people to rate for activating star rating for your Google My Business results)
Creating or Claiming your Google My Business page
First open http://www.google.com/business and start signing up your local business by entering the business information such as
- Store Front (local restaurant, retail store etc) – Do not travel to customer
- Service Area (plumber, taxi service etc) – Travel to Customer within mile radius
- Brand (Products, Sports team, Music band etc)
After adding your Business or Company name, you can fill your business address, contact number, contact person name, select marker location on your business address in google map. You will be asked for address verification confirmation through mail. Once you submit, you receive numeric code to your business address. Therefore your business get verified in Google after entering that numeric digits in Google My Business page.
If there is a duplicate listing in Google My Business, that may remove your existing business results and new business results. This may happen when you verify with same contact number or same address for 2 times in Google My Business. You can verify Google My Business multiple times only if you have many branches.
Optimize with Assets
Website + Google My Business page must be optimized by the following ranking factors:
- My Business Signals
- Review Signals
- External Location Signals
- On-page Signals
- Link Signals
- Social Signals
- Behavioral / Mobile Signals
- Personalize (add images, title, description, website url, contact number, contact email, working hours etc)
Another important Ranking factor in Google My Business page is NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number).
NAP is also called as Citations (backlinks) requires Quality, Quantity, Relevancy.
Website Relevancy Linking
Meta Tags, Content, Links, Domain Authority, NAP & Area Code.
Inbound Links & Social Shares
- Domain Authority
- Page Authority
- Social Signals
For more information with step by step instructions, please visit http://www.webrifer.com/training.html